Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Summer!! May 1, 2011

The long awaited 2nd Birthday post!

I am sure everyone knows how busy this past week and really month has been. Since Summer's Birthday on May 1st we have celebrated my Mom's Birthday, my Sister's Birthday (Aunt Lis), I got a new car and we celebrated Mother's Day! In between all of those we had Mother's Day and Field Day at Mommy and Me and Summer's 2 year Dr Appointment! It makes me tired just thinking about it.

I did start earlier in the week on the blog post but had a major technical difficulty. I was downloading pictures when something happened to my memory card. Don't worry I am not crying as I type this...although it was a new memory card that I started using on Summer's birthday so it has ALL of the above events pictures on it. I have good faith that my sister's IT person is going to figure it out. So not if full panic mode yet.

Luckily, my Mom had a handful of pictures, at least from Summer's Birthday so you will get something to look at and not just a post of me babbling on! I will (notice my confidence) have some other posts on these events once my memory card is recovered!


As for Summer's birthday party it was fabulous! I think our sweet girl had the best time and all of her little friends did too! We had a backyard picnic with Hot Dogs (of course-Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog-that's the closing song of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in case you don't watch the show), hamburgers, Mickey Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches and all kinds of sides. Summer and her friends got to bounce in a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Bounce House, blow bubbles, play in a tunnel, use hula hoops and play with other various outdoor toys! We had toddler tables covered for coloring but it was so hot that the crayons started to melt. It was a high of 82 but I think it got hotter then that.

Summer loved the Minnie cupcakes and she enjoyed eating hers and then when I put down half of mine she gobbled that right up as well! Oh well she was the birthday princess!

Thanks to my wonderful husband, Mom, Dad and sister for all their help with Summer's party!


Here's some pictures of the fun day:


I worked hard on this Mickey Birthday banner that kept blowing around. I think in my camera there is one good shot of it up perfectly (thanks to my Mom) before it kept getting blown by the wind!


Food time!


Summer had on her birthday shirt-a number 2 with Minnie ears and her name written on it in the Disney font!


I think my "ears" were meant for the kids only! :) My sweet girl is 2!!!! Oh how the time flies!



The bounce house from above!


Tom even surprised Summer and I by wearing his ears! He is such a good Daddy! The food was wonderful and we appreciate all his hard word for the party!


Summer and Mom-Mom! Thanks again for sending me these pics!



The Mickey Cake and Minnie Cupcakes made by my Mom! Yummy!



Summer knows the Happy Birthday song. She thinks that we are singing it to her every time!
Of course this time we were and she was thrilled! Her hat matches her shirt!




Yummy cupcake!


After a bath, a nap and an outfit change it was time to open presents! Summer got this dollhouse from Mom-Mom and Pops!


Aunt Lis got Summer a Tag Jr and some fun clothes!


Mama and Dada got Summer lots of gifts but her big gift was a Barbie Volkswagen PowerWheels Bug. Of course I couldn't resist getting this for her (I had 2 bugs before my Mommy days). Summer loves it! She is still learning about the steering part but she really gets the foot on the pedal part!



Here's the one picture I did get downloaded before something went wrong! I love my family so much! Happy Birthday to my sweet Summer Lynn!

No comments:

Post a Comment