Monday, November 23, 2009

Growing Sooooo Big! (11/16-11/23)

The Zimmerman Family hopes you have a great Thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for this year. Below is Summer's Blessings Tree from Mommy and Me. Mommy helped her do it and Summer decided to eat it.
Happy Thanksgiving!
More on this week below!




Yes, our little Miss Summer is getting bigger and changing so much on a daily basis. She is pretty much crawling. She crawls and scoots and can get where ever she wants! She is keeping her Mommy on her toes.

Summer had her 6 month Dr's appointment and now weighs 17lbs 6.5 oz and is 261/2 inches long. She is in the 65th percentile for those and only 40% for her head. She sat up on the scale this time like a big girl when they weighed her. We had a male Dr who scared her half to death. She cried and was shaking. I have never seen her do this. Poor baby. She had 4 shots from the female nurse and barely cried at all. I think the Dr came in talking loud and just startled her. Regardless she is growing like a weed!

All dressed up for Mommy and Me for Thanksgiving. Check out my new shoes! They fit better with socks but are oh so cute!

Ms. Nancy made me a pilgrim hat. Mommy traded the bow for the hat. I didn't mind.

I almost got my shoe off. So easy with the tights!

Group photo??? Yeah right! LOL

Summer decides to demonstrate her crawling in the middle of the photo shoot!

Aunt Lis and I took Summer around the neighborhood to get a couple photos. Wait until you see this HUGE flower headband I found for the pictures. We wore Summer out and she fell asleep in Aunt Lis' arms sitting straight up!

Every year our neighborhood does a tree lighting with carolers when we do our Thanksgiving Warm Up dinner. It was quite chilly so we had to bundle Summer up good. She had a great time looking at the lights and singing along with the carolers. Mommy and Daddy enjoyed the yummy food. We are now ready for Thanksgiving dinner!




So I was having carrots for dinner and decided that maybe Summer would like me to make her some as well. So yes I figured out this contraption (thanks to whomever go us this-immersion blender I believe...to be honest Tom does most of the cooking...okay really honest...all of the cooking and he was the one who wanted all the kitchen gadgets). So I blended up some carrots and this is what happened....


To start with Summer was quite excited! She figured it was time to move on from rice cereal....


Well, she decided very quickly that she did not like carrots. I actually had a hard time getting a yucky face photo because I was laughing so hard that she would start smiling every time I tried to take a picture. She REALLY did NOT like them!


This is the picture I got right before she threw them all up on me. Yup, maybe carrots weren't the food to start with first. That's what I get for cooking!


A happy girl before the scary Dr. came in and before her shots.



What you can't see is that Summer was too busy watching Dora on the TV while we were waiting at the Dr's. Hola amigos!
These are some fun photos that Aunt Lis, Miss Melanie and Miss Amber got of Summer! Enjoy!


















1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh you guys!!! She is just a peach!! I absolutely LOVE all these bright pictures - I have to ask who took them because they are great!

    ReplyDelete