Monday, September 12, 2011

Tennis, Tennis, Tennis!

So end of August and beginning of September has kicked off some more tennis around our house. I stopped playing in July but Summer has picked it up and Tom has started his men's tennis season.

Tom and I also took one last quick trip before our next baby arrives to New York for some US Open Tennis! It was a great trip. The weather was perfect, tennis fun to watch and I have to admit sleeping in was quite nice as well! :)



Here's my little tennis diva. Summer insisted on wearing a headband with her ponytail after seeing that Mommy was wearing one to keep her hair back.

Summer is ready to hit the courts!


We met up with my friend Jamie and her son Jackson (2 as well) to hit some balls on the court. Jamie is so great. She is an instructor in another area so this was just a have fun with the kids time but she is so positive and encouraging. Summer had a blast. Because of rain we haven't met up again but we will soon.





Andy Roddick at the US Open. We saw him and lots of other top players the nights we were there.


It was actually chiller then we expected so we had to get some US Open long sleeve gear. It was great to be in NY and see this sport in person with my sweet hubby!


We got Summer a US Open tennis bag, new smaller tennis racquet and some quick start tennis balls while in NY. She is quite pleased with her new bag and equipment. She is actually looking as I am typing this and giggling and saying, "Look my tennis bag. Please play tennis Mama?"

I love it! We could be seeing her in NY someday!


So proud! She's just like Mommy and Daddy now!


Since it was raining Tom took her in the basement to hit a few balls. she did good! She may be a lefty like her Daddy.



No comments:

Post a Comment