Wednesday, February 20, 2013

New Year’s Day Run

 

Tom and I joined Lifetime Gym last April and absolutely love it. The kids love it as well. They have an amazing childcare center, spa, café and more. Summer even gets to take a Zumba class if we are there when they offer Kids Zumba. Anyways the reason I am mentioning Lifetime is that they did a New Year’s Day Fun 5K run for families. A “Commitment Day” run! Tom and I signed up and the kids could join in for free.

We figured Summer would run/walk some of it and it would be good to bring the double jogger in case she needed a break. It was pretty overcast when we woke up but were were hopeful that where we were running in Atlanta would stay rain free.

We were WRONG! When we showed up it was pouring. Of course we have a cover for the single jogger but not the double and didn’t bring the single jogger.

Summer was still excited and wanted to run the race and be the winner (of course)! So we decided to try to bundle them up and give it a try.

IMG_4744IMG_4747

Summer all bundled up and ready to go. Tucker was eating his power breakfast of bananas and cereal!

IMG_4749IMG_4756

The rain!

IMG_4761IMG_4763

Getting ready to head out to start the run.

IMG_4765

So after all this worked of getting ready it started raining even harder and Tom and I decided that he would stay in the car with the kids and I could still run it. Well this wasn’t what Summer had in mind so she decided to join me for the run. No stroller! I was a little skeptical, I mean I know this girl has a ton of ENERGY and she has ridden her bike 2.2 miles before but a hilly run in the rain (and cold).  3.1 miles!!

run

Well here she is! I am so proud of her! She ran most of the way and walked some of it. She never had me carry her and was a happy girl the whole way. She wanted to win the race! LOL I kept telling her that everyone who finishes was a winner. We saw lots of the staff from our Lifetime gym and they were all impressed with my 3 year old runner! She did the whole 5K-3.1 miles!!!!!

photo18

Read his sign….LOL!

run2

Meanwhile back in the car Tom and Tucker were warm and dry and happy!

photo19

Here we are at the end! Very proud, wet and cold!

It was a fun day and a great way to start the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment