Tuesday, October 13, 2009

ROAD TRIP to Maryland (and other fun photos)! 10/2-10/12

Wow! The last 10 days have been busy busy! We went on a road trip to Maryland. Mom, Summer and I loaded up her mini van and made the 12 hour drive to visit some very special ladies. It doesn't usually take 12 hours but when you stop to feed and let a 5 month old stretch it adds some time. Not that we minded. Sweet Summer slept most of the way. 8 hours on Friday to be exact. This meant she was getting up every 3 hours at night. That's okay though. I will take it. Better then a screaming baby for 12 hours in the car. She barely ever cried at all. She really is such a good baby. We got to stay at Aunt Rita's and were spoiled rotten...good food, good conversation and really good desserts! Thanks Aunt Rita!


While in Maryland we got to celebrate with Erika and Jessica at Erika's baby shower. She is having a boy and we couldn't be more happier for her. It was great to see everyone at the shower and of course Summer was a hit. She is a social butterfly. Congrats Erika and Bill! We can't wait for Little Boo to get here!


Summer and I also had the pleasure of doing lunch with Alyssa and meeting Candice and Tony's new itty bitty baby Michaela. She is so sweet and wait to you see the hair on this baby! She makes Summer look huge. It's hard to believe that Summer was once almost that tiny (Michaela was 1 oz less and 2 inches shorter then Summer). They grow so quick...watch out Can and Tony. It was great spending time with Alyssa and Candice and it was great to see Can, Tony and Michaela together. They are a beautiful family both inside and out!


Oh and one last thing...check out Summer on the Gretta La Rue blog (you can click on it to the right). She is in Purplicious wearing an adorable hat! Soon Summer will be showing off some of these clothes. I just love them all and Melanie, the designer, got some special purple fabric just for Summer. Melanie also made my double stuffed brown Boppy you always see in my pics!




Sound asleep after a busy travel day. This was on the return trip to GA.



Having fun on the playmat. She loves that giraffe!




Summer puts everything in her mouth. Not only is she exploring her surroundings but she is helping that tooth come through. That's right we feel one coming! I will keep you posted on when it makes it's arrival.


Look at how tiny Michaela is and how huge Summer looks. Michaela is 4 days old and Summer is 5 months old. Michaela is beautiful!


Summer loves her new friend!


The happy family...Tony, Michaela and Candice.






Look at that hair! I LOVE it! Summer is still such a baldy (which I love too!).






Alyssa played with Summer our whole lunch! We got to eat outside at the Cheesecake Factory! YUM! I don't know who it enjoyed it more....Alyssa playing with Summer or me getting to eat a whole meal uninterrupted!


Alyssa gave Summer this sweet top! You can tell Summer loves it!!




Erika's baby shower!

Here I am with Summer, Erika and Jessica. Summer has 2 more admirers. Mom was at the shower and did a great job of sharing Summer! Jess had her a lot. Summer loved to snuggle into Jess. Summer can't wait to meet another new friend..and this one a boy!!

A cat nap in the middle of the shower!








Summer really enjoyed watching Erika open all those gift. I think she was getting some tips for Christmas time. I can only imagine the gifts she is going to get to "open."






I caught one of Summer not hiding in Jess' shirt!



Summer with Aunt Rita. Summer had the best time playing at Aunt Rita's. She got plenty of attention and got to spend time in a high chair while we ate. She was such a happy baby that my cousin Stephanie nicknamed her "Giggle Bot." Very sweet!

Mom was the super driver of the road trip. She drove both ways! Thanks Mom!


So happy to be out of that car seat!!


Hanging out with Aunt Rita and Buxton! Summer loved Buxton!



Summer's first time in a high chair at a restaurant. Cracker Barrel of course. Where else do you stop on a road trip?


Check out that tongue! Her Daddy taught her this and it is amusing to say the least. :)


Sound asleep with her friends!


Yup, Summer's foot is IN her mouth. She is so flexible!












I taught Mommy and Me again last week. It was so much fun! I love teachign it, Mom loves bringing Summer and Summer loves the music and other kids! I am excited for Ms. Nancy to come back so I can put on my Mommy hat again for Mommy and Me. We missed you!

Summer sits up and plays so much now. I can pretty much put her anywhere (for now, soon she will be on the move) and she will play with her toys. I ususualy put a boppy pillow behind her in case she falls back.


1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I really want to get Summer and Brady together for a playdate next time you are in Maryland. I think it would be fun since they are so close in age.
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete