Friday, January 20, 2012

Daisy's Christmas Letter 2011

Our Christmas Card and Daisy's Christmas Letter 2011






Happy Holidays!


It's me, Daisy, the Zimmerman family Beagle. I wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know about all the exciting things that we have been up to this year.

As usual I spend a lot of time at home with the cat or at my Grandparents house while my family was out doing many fun things. Last January my Mom and Dad went on a cruise to the Southern Caribbean. They had a great time! They stopped at several islands, went zip lining, swam with the dolphins, and found out that Mom was carrying another litter. While they were way Summer and I stayed with our Grandparents in GA.

Before, during, and after their cruise, Mom and Dad were doing a lot of running, to get ready to run a 1/2 marathon (I didn't get to run with them. They thought all my sniffing might slow them down). The 1/2 marathon was in March, it was my Mom's 3rd 13.1 mile run and my Dad's 1st. They are going to run it again in 2012. The day after their run, they drove to Maryland so Dad could work and Mom and Summer could see some friends and family.

It's been fun watching Summer grow over the year, she says so many words and is a sweet, active, bright little girl. She turned 2 this year and Mom and Dad threw her a Mickey Mouse Birthday Party, complete with a Mickey Mouse Bounce house and Mickey shaped sandwiches. Mom and Summer keep VERY busy while Dad is working. They year they went to swim lessons, gymnastics, Mommy and Me, shopping and more. Even with all these things going on, Summer still finds time to smoother me....

In July I got to spend another week with my Grandparents while Mom, Dad, and Summer took at trip to the Midwest. Mom and Summer went to Indiana to spend time with my Dad's side of the family, while my Dad, Uncle Jerry (GUJ) and Cousin Curtis rode their bikes in RAGBRAI (a bike ride across the state of Iowa, 450 miles +).

Once they got back from the Midwest, Mom and Dad were very busy getting ready for their new litter. Summer moved into her big girl room, while her old room got turned into a nursery fit for a little boy.

Mom did great during her pregnancy, in addition to running a 1/2 marathon, she played a lot of tennis and stayed on the go (she never slowed down). When it came time to have her litter, she was pretty relaxed throughout the process, so relaxed that she didn't go to the hospital until she was READY. They arrived at the hospital around 11:45 am and baby Tucker arrived at 12:19pm (slightly over a half hour later). The doctor was impressed to say the least.

Tucker has been a welcomed addition to our family. He has taken a lot of Summer's attention off of me as she is Mommy's Lil Helper. Mom gets to spend some quality time with just Tucker while Summer is in school 2 days a week. Tucker is such a sweet baby boy and Summer is doing great as a big sister. Dad's parents came to visit for a few days when Tucker was born. I am really glad they were here to see him when he was so small. He's only 2 months old but getting so big...I can tell 2012 looks like it is going to be another exciting year!

Wishing Y'all a Merry and Bright holiday season!


Love,


Me (Daisy), Alexander (the cat), Jen, Tom, Summer, and Tucker


No comments:

Post a Comment