Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tucker David Zimmerman has arrived!

September 30, 2011

Our sweet baby boy has arrived!

Thursday night the 29th I started have contractions. They were 2-3 hours apart and really mild. On Friday I woke up and they got closer and more intense as the morning went on. The contractions still seemed pretty sporadic so I didn't call the Dr's office until 10:30am. When I called they told me to come on in.

I admit I still wasn't in any big rush. Tom put in the car seat and I told him it was fine to take a shower. The contractions did get more intense as we got ready. I had to sit if I had one. They are so PAINFUL. Finally we dropped Summer off around 11:10 and headed on to the Dr's office. My Dr is located right across the street from our hospital. You can literally take a hallway crosswalk to get from the Dr's to the hospital.

We got our parking ticket at 11:37 as the Dr's office was calling to find out where I was.

They took me straight to the back. Normal procedure has the nurse on call for laboring Mom's to monitor contractions for 20 minutes. I got through with one and the Dr on call-Dr. Long came in. She took one look at me and told everyone that I needed to be checked.

This is when we discovered that I was fully dilated and ready to have our baby boy. I still asked for drugs in a panic and was pretty much told that she was going to break my water and I would push and he would be here. At this point I did start to panic and was having trouble breathing through my contractions. They pretty much put me straight in a wheelchair and pushed me to the hospital. At some point I had the clear thought that Tom MUST get our camera. He was none to happy about this I learned later since there was a chance he would miss the birth of our son (You should hear Tom tell this story it is very amusing). Dr.Long told him to be quick and off he went. He noted that it was 12:05.

They didn't admit me. We didn't stop anywhere until we got to the delivery room. Two nurses and Dr. Long undressed me and put me in a gown. I think (I know) I was still in panic mode. The contractions were so painful and I just didn't' know if I could do this.

Tom got back with the camera and I started pushing. Push one did not go well. I screamed and was not breathing. With some reassurance that I could do this I continued and 4 pushes later out came our beautiful baby boy. It was 12:19pm. I did it!!!

Welcome to the world Tucker David Zimmerman!

7lbs 5 oz and 20 1/2 inches long


When we dropped Summer off at my parents house I followed Tom in after having a contraction with my camera. I was supposed to wait in the car but we needed one last pregnancy picture. I was 38 weeks in the picture. Tucker was 8 days early on his own!


I am not big on slimy baby photos so I am sparing you the ones of him being laid on my belly for the first time (plus I look like I am in shock...which I was). Here is Tucker getting weighed!
Tucker came so fast that my family didn't believe Tom when he sent them a picture of Tucker. If you know Tom then you would understand this thought. My sister got the picture and called my Mom who didn't know yet and was getting her hair done. He just came that quick!






The shock is still there but so is my sweet baby boy Tucker!


Bath time in the nursery!


Summer got to share my chocolate cake while Tucker got cleaned up in the nursery. She was a big hit with all the nurses.

When the nurses moved me from Delivery to my room they had a story to share about Tom. After Tucker was born and everyone cleared out an alarm started going off. Tom went to the Nurse's station to let them know. They asked him what room number. He said he didn't know but it was the express room and they knew exactly what room. :) They thought it was amusing that he called it the "express room" and were all proud of me for having Tucker without any drugs.


Summer was first to meet her baby brother. She was smitten and still is. She really wants to move him all on her own. We have to watch how helpful she is being. It's sweet how much she loves him.


I have 2 kids now! A girl and a boy! It's just amazing and I love being a Mommy more then ever. I can't believe Summer was ever this small. It's just amazing!



There's the proud Daddy! Tucker got his middle name from Tom and from my Uncle David. Tucker and Tom have the same initials!


Dada and his kids!



Aunt Lis meets Tucker. Look at his hair! It's a dark brown and he has lots of it! Summer didn't have any and now is a blonde blonde! Other then the hair Tucker looks just like her in the face when we look at her newborn photos. It's really something.



The proud grandparents with their grandkids!

Summer is 2 years 5 months old

Tucker 3 hours




Our Family




My good friend Jessica came that afternoon to meet Tucker! She is one of my best friends and neighbors I have here in GA. She has 2 girls so she is excited to have some baby boy love!


So so so sweet!








Tucker has a puppy dog that I will use for his monthly growth pictures. Here's his first at one day old!


Yes, we left the hospital on Saturday. One day after having Tucker. We were ready to be in our own bed and since I didn't' have any drugs I really have recovered faster. A lot of times you need the epidural to wear off and it can take a day or 2 to be more mobile. We were ready and home we went to start being a family of 4!


The car seat swallows Tucker up! It took a lot of adjusting to get it this small again.

So that's Tucker's delivery and hospital stay! Plenty more to come.

Sigh...life is good! So in love with our newest addition to the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment