Monday, August 12, 2013

May 3rd-Dance Rehearsal and Birthday Dinner

 

So way back in May there were lots more fun events! Before I get to May let me update you on what’s been going on around here (since it will be 3 months before I get to August LOL). We found out that BZ3 is a girl!!!! Very exciting and Big Sister Summer is thrilled! With Baby #3 on the way we have decided to sell our house so that’s another reason this blog got put on hold. Our house is officially on the market (as of Friday August 9th) and is in perfect shape so now I can breathe and blog. Having 2 little ones (4 and 22 months) and being 5 months pregnant is a lot and I am tired! However, we are super excited about our sweet baby girl and we are excited about moving into a bigger house. We will be staying in our neighborhood, Reunion, and are pretty sure we are building a house. So depending on when ours sells and how busy I get again I may disappear from the blog….

But for now let’s continue with May and catch on up!!!

IMG_2077IMG_2079

So Summer had her first Dance Recital in May. Boy did I have a lot to learn about the the dance world! LOL She had a rehearsal the day before and that’s when you are allowed to take pictures and you get the professional ones taken. She also needed to wear blush and lipstick. She’s worn plenty of lip gloss (and so has Tucker thanks to Summer) but other make up was new and very exciting to her! Plus this was my first bun! I was pretty impressed since her hairs is sooooo fine and sooooo curly! So here she is ready to leave for the rehearsal….let the fun and stories begin…..

IMG_2080IMG_2089

Summer is in the top row, second to the left…missing her bow-that’s story number 2.

Story #1-We almost missed the rehearsal part!

Yup, I try my best to be early and on time. Sometimes I print directions and use the GPS. I really try to stay on it. Well this time I was on time but apparently didn’t have any idea where to go at the Gwinnett Center. I wasn’t the only one. I saw other girls in tutus and parked-not in the right spot as well. Luckily another Mom (Jessica-Addison’s mom) was already there and was able to direct me and the others.

Well unusually so the rehearsals we running ahead so when we showed up it was time to get on stage. Summer wasn’t the last on stage and didn’t miss it but talk about nerve racking.

So story #2-

The missing bow! So the bow was clipped to her outfit that she didn’t wear in the car so the outfit wouldn’t get crushed. Well the bow fell off the outfit in the garage. So I felt awful that she didn’t have the bow for the group pictures. Once again Jessica came to my rescue and lent me Addison's for the individual pictures. You can’t even tell but I felt just awful about it.

Stay tuned for Story #3….

IMG_2090IMG_2092

So sweet! The rehearsal went great! I think it was even better then the recital itself. These 3 and 4 year olds were adorable. The production was Alice in Wonderland and they were teacakes! Oh I melted!!! LOVE!

Story #3

So as we rushed in I had my phone in my hand and my camera all ready to go. I got Summer up on the stage and set my phone down in front of it to grab my camera for pictures. Well my phone slid off the ledge and under the stage into the Orchestra pit. I mean really?!? So I took a deep breath and just kept taking pictures (no video).

I had to wait to get the stage crew to go get it. It survived and happily this is the last story so Summer and I survived as well!

IMG_2093IMG_2099

More sweet pictures of the rehearsal.

IMG_2101IMG_2102

Summer wanted to show off some moves outside and I was happy to snap some more pictures of my beautiful ballerina!

IMG_2104IMG_2106

All semester long we kept asking Summer what she was in the production and she kept saying Alice. SO when she got this costume I really had no idea. When we found out she decided she was “Alice” the teacake! It was pink, frilly and had a tutu. It was perfect!

IMG_2107IMG_2110

After the rehearsal we headed to dinner for my Mom’s birthday! Summer fell asleep in the car but was a happy girl when we arrived. A fun day all around!

IMG_2108

No comments:

Post a Comment