Monday, December 24, 2012

Daisy’s Christmas Letter and Our Christmas Photos!

Merry Christmas!

I know this Christmas I will be holding my sweet babies a little tighter and reflect on how blessed we really are. I hope your day is full of love, family and friends!

I love my family so much!

Color-083

One of my favorites from our Christmas photo shoot.

As I reflect on 2012 I believe that Daisy tells it best. She writes our family Christmas letter every year. More photos follow the letter!

Merry Christmas and Happy Reading!

 

Hello Family and Friends!

I am back again (Daisy, the beagle, of course) to tell you about what has been happening in the Zimmerman family. It’s been another busy and exciting year around here.

For starters, the little baby I told you about last year has gotten a lot bigger is very very active. Much more than Summer ever was. Tucker went from sleeping all the time to crawling, walking and now he just runs and climbs on and gets into everything. We can’t even have ornaments on the bottom of our Christmas tree. That really bugs my brother Alexander, the cat, because now he has to climb in the tree to get them. However, I do think Tucker is cute and he does smile all of the time and he can even say my name!

The big one, Summer, is doing great too. She is always talking, but is really patient with her little brother. She loves preschool and is learning so much. She tries to keep Tucker from pulling my tail so it’s nice that she looks out for me. She has a sweet personality and seems to know so much for just being 3 years old. Her teacher even nicked named her “Summer Sunshine.” She is also taking dance and is in gymnastics. That little girl is so busy!

As with last year, I found myself staying with my grandparents, or had someone come to “look after me” as my family traveled. My family went to Indiana to surprise Dad’s brother for his 40th birthday in February. Summer came back from that trip raving about her Cousin Hadley and the snow that she played in! In March they left again to go to Maryland, so Dad could work and Mom and the kids could visit some family and friends.

To celebrate Summer’s 3rd birthday, they went on another trip. I heard all about how they went to some magical place called Disney World, and Summer still talks about that. Someone called Rapunzel was there and Summer dresses up like her all the time and she even made her little brother dress up as Pascal, a lizard, for Halloween. Mom, Dad, Summer, Tucker, Aunt Lis, Uncle Joe, Aunt Kelly, Cousin Hadley and Mom’s parents all went to the magical place and must have had a great time since there are pictures everywhere. Some pictures are with these big mice (which drives the cat crazy), along with some pretty princesses and a big castle.

Mom and Dad have both been doing some running and Mom joined Dad in doing some biking this year. She also added swimming to her exercise and completed her first triathlon in May (an Iron Girl race) and did another in August! Summer has a bike and loves it, and Tucker likes to be pushed or pulled along. I like when I can tag along on some of the exercise adventures. Plus Mom and Dad still like to play tennis and Summer is getting into tennis as well. Mom and Dad left us kids in June with the grandparents and headed to Napa Valley, CA for their 5 year wedding anniversary I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since they got married and we moved to GA! They had a great time but apparently dad hurt his foot when he fell out of a hot air balloon basket (it was on the ground), I guess you will have to ask him more about that.

In August everyone, including my grandparents, left again for Ocean City, MD for a week. I was looking at the blog that Mom works on and I can’t believe all the friends and family they got to on the trip. I love all the beach pictures. It looks like both Summer and Tucker like to dig (I think they get that from me).

Tucker turned 1 in September and my other grandparents came back to visit from Indiana. They had come back in April so I hadn’t seen them in a while. It was a nice visit and fun to celebrate Tucker turning 1!

In November Mom and Dad went on a cruise and Summer and Tucker went to MD for Thanksgiving! Alexander and I stayed home. Whew I am really getting tired of typing! I am sure I have missed something so feel free to check out our family blog at www.zimfamilyga.blogspot.com. This is a great place to keep up on all the happenings and pictures throughout the year!

2013 sounds like it’s going to be another busy one with several half marathons coming up, including one in Disney World. Plus Mom and Dad hope to get tickets to Wimbledon to see some tennis in London!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Love,

Daisy, Alexander, Mom (Jen), Dad (Tom), Summer and Tucker

 

Color-003Color-006

Color-017Color-026

Color-027Color-035Color-038

Color-047Color-051

Color-059

Color-074Color-078

Color-083

Color-085Color-087

Color-090

www.simplyelegantphotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment