Sunday, January 20, 2013

Christmas Cookie Time!

Summer’s last day of preschool was December 13th and then she had Christmas break.  So that meant no Mommy and Me, no preschool, no dance etc. so it was time to stay busy! Luckily my MOPS group decided to do a play date cookie exchange! So the day before I went on Pinterest to find Summer and I some fun cookies to make! Have a look…..

IMG_4155IMG_4159IMG_4153

The first step was rolling our the sugar cookie dough and making hearts. We made a MESS!!!

IMG_4160IMG_4162

So Summer did have one last Gymnastics before the winter break there so she left with my Mom for her gymnastics. Tucker was napping. So normally I would be working on this blog but instead the whole hour Summer was gone I worked on these cookies!

IMG_4164IMG_4167

The cookies were heart shaped sugar cookies with chocolate pretzel ears, M&M eyes and red hot noses. The icing for behind the M&M’s was the trickiest. On the left is my first one but they did get better! :)

IMG_4172

The mess!!!

IMG_4182IMG_4183

Tucker woke up right before Summer got back from Gymnastics so I took a couple pics with him. My sweet boy!

IMG_4174IMG_4177IMG_4178

Summer came home with a medal from gymnastics and got to decorate and eat a cookie!

IMG_4187IMG_4190IMG_4198

Tucker climbed on up to help his Big Sister out! She didn’t mind at all! Summer loves her “Tuck”-what she usually calls him!

IMG_4200

IMG_4202

Here are Summer’s finished cookies. We even saved on for Santa Claus to have on Christmas Eve!

IMG_4209

The next morning before heading out to the Christmas Cookie Exchanged I snapped this cute one of my silly sweet kids!

IMG_4215IMG_4217

At the Cookie exchange the kids got to decorate cookies. Summer and her friend Emily had a great time. Emily’s mom hosted this fun play date! Thanks again for having us over!

IMG_4221IMG_4223

Working hard! Summer doesn’t underdo anything! She used all the icings and sprinkles.

IMG_4226

Her completed cookies!

IMG_4227

Tucker had fun running around!

IMG_4064IMG_4067

2 more morning pics! They just make me smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment